TruSTAR App for Phantom Cyber User Guide
The TruSTAR App for Phantom Cyber enhances your intelligence operations by
- Enriching intelligence in open Phantom cases using TruSTAR enclaves (OSINT, commercial feeds, and internal intelligence).
- Submitting Phantom cases as TruSTAR reports, then adding the TruSTAR deeplinks to Phantom cases for fast followup.
- Automating end-to-end intelligence gathering within Phantom by using playbooks that execute TruSTAR actions.
To launch a TruSTAR action:
- Click Sources, then Events or Sources, then Intelligence.
- Click the Action button.
- Select the appropriate Action from the list. For example, if you want to submit a report you would select Action Type: Generic, Action: Submit Report, and Asset: TruSTAR.
Submit report to TruSTAR
Get report details, including report data, submission metadata.
hunt bitcoin address
Get report IDs associated with a bitcoin address
hunt registry key
Get report IDs associated with a registry key
Get report IDs associated with a malware name
Get report IDs associated with a CVE ID
Get report IDs associated with an email address
Get report IDs associated with a file name
Get report IDs associated with a URL
Get report IDs associated with an IP address (V4 and V6)
Action to ingest latest indicators
Validate credentials provided for connectivity
TruSTAR has developed a sample playbook that uses some of the TruSTAR actions to achieve a specific goal. This playbook is a sample of what’s possible using the base actions.
Playbook Objective: User will submit a report and user will receive the TruSTAR Report ID, number of IoC’s extracted and number of correlations with other reports.
Sequence Actions: This is comprised of two actions listed above. submit report will be called first, which will return TruSTAR Report GUID as one of the parameters. Then get report will be called with the report GUID and we will need to extract correlation count for this report from the response.
- TruSTAR Report GUID
- (Optional - only if provided by user in first Action) User Provided UID
- Extracted IoC’s
- Correlation Count