Any user in TruSTAR Station with the role of Company Administrator can create delete, and manage users. You can create multiple Company Administrator accounts to share user management tasks.
Accessing User Management
To access the Users panel where you can manage your organization's users:
- Click the User Settings icon in the Navigation bar, then select Settings on the popup menu. This displays the list of users, including all relevant information.
Adding a User
To add a user, follow these steps:
- Click Add User near the top of the User Management panel.
- This opens the Add User window, where you can specify the following:
- Basic Information:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Role: Choose one of the following:
- Company Administrator
- Enclave Permissions: Depending on the type of enclave, you can set up
- No View: User will not see enclave at all in their view of TruSTAR Station.
- View Only: User can only see data in the enclave, no edit permissions granted.
- Submission Access: User can view data and also submit new data into the enclave.
- Full Access: User has permission to view and edit data within the enclave.
- MFA Enabled: If your company has set up multi-factor authentication (MFA), then you can enable this setting.
- When you are finished setting up the user, scroll to the bottom of the window and click Save User.
Resetting a User's Password
To force a password reset for a user, locate the user in the list and then click Reset Password in the Information column for that user.
This action sends a password reset email to the user, with a link they can use to start the reset process.
Editing User Permissions
To edit the information or permissions for a user:
- Click the pencil icon on the right side of their information.
- This open the Edit User window, where you can change any of the displayed information.
- When your edits are complete, scroll to the bottom of the Edit User window and click Save User.
Exporting the List of Users
To export the entire list of users, click the Export All bu
tton next to the Users search box. This will download the list of users in .csv format.
Deactivating a User
To deactivate a user, click the person icon on the right side of their information.
To activate a user that you have previously deactivated, click the person icon.
You can also deactivate or activate a user from the Edit User window.
Deleting a User
To delete a user, click the trashcan icon on the right side of the user's information.
You can also delete a user from the Edit User window.