Setting Up Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is an additional layer of security can help prevent your account from being compromised. MFA requires anyone trying to log into your account to have two things: an access code and your password.
There are two parts to this process:
- The company administrator enables MFA for users.
- Each user then enables MFA for their account.
Enabling MFA for the Company
- After logging into your TruSTAR account, you will be prompted to follow the setup instructions provided by Duo, TruSTAR's trusted third party MFA provider. Duo supports the following MFA options: push notification, sms, or a phone call to your mobile number.Learn more about Duo’s setup process here: Guide to Two-Factor Authentication · Duo Security
- Go to the Settings -> Users pane to enable MFA for your users.
- Click the Edit icon for the first user
- Toggle MFA enabled to on.
Activating MFA for Each User
After MFA is enabled, users will see the following prompt upon logging in.
- Click Start Setup to begin the process of setting up MFA for that account.
- Specify the type of device you will be using with MFA and click Continue. TruSTAR and Duo recommend that you use a mobile phone.
- Enter the phone number for the device and click Continue.
- Confirm the type of phone you are using and then click Continue.
- Follow the instructions on-screen to install Duo Mobile on that Device and then click I have Duo Mobile installed to continue.
- Follow the instructions to activate Duo Mobile on your device.