This document provides a description of the Phantom App that leverages TruSTAR’s capabilities and a step by step guide to installation, setup and troubleshooting. This App allows users to setup Phantom orchestration playbooks to utilize context of TruSTAR’s IOCs and reports.
Phantom platform - see here for more details.
Easy Install - Phantom App Store
The certified TruSTAR app is available for direct download through the Phantom app store. We recommend directly downloading from the Phantom app store and installing the TruSTAR app.
After successful install you can continue to App Configuration & Setup section.
We recommend downloading the app from Phantom App Store. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need the TruSTAR app bundle for manual install.
- Click on the Home dropdown list in top left.
- Select Apps. Then click Install App.
- Select the trustar.tgz file and upload it.
- Click on Unconfigured Apps and search for TruSTAR.
- Click on Configure New Asset.
- Follow rest of directions in App Configuration section of this manual.
App Configuration & Setup
- Fill out the Asset Info tab with relevant details.
- Next click on Asset Settings tab.
- URL - https://api.trustar.co
- OAuth client ID - This is the API Credential available here: https://station.trustar.co/settings/api
- OAuth client secret key - This is the API Secret available here: https://station.trustar.co/settings/api
- Enclave IDs: place all the enclave id’s that you would like to either submit reports to issue hunt actions to. These are available here: https://station.trustar.co/settings/api
- Click TEST CONNECTIVITY button. If connectivity fails recheck credentials.
- Click SAVE button to save configuration details.Click on Ingest Settings tab. Change settings if required. Click SAVE if you change any settings.
Usage and App Commands
Submit report to TruSTAR
Get report details, including report data, submission metadata.
hunt bitcoin address
Get report IDs associated with a bitcoin address
hunt registry key
Get report IDs associated with a registry key
Get report IDs associated with a malware name
Get report IDs associated with a CVE ID
Get report IDs associated with an email address
Get report IDs associated with a file name
Get report IDs associated with a URL
Get report IDs associated with an IP address (V4 and V6)
Action to ingest latest indicators
Validate credentials provided for connectivity
You can launch the different TruSTAR actions by clicking on Sources - > Events or Sources - > Intelligence. Once you have configured the source you will see the Action button. Click on the Action button.
Select the appropriate Action from the list. See Table in Supported Actions to see where the actions are located.
For example, if you want to submit a report you would select Action Type: Generic, Action: Submit Report, and Asset: TruSTAR
We have developed a sample playbook that uses some of the TruSTAR actions to achieve a specific goal. This playbook is a sample of what’s possible using the base actions.
Playbook Objective: User will submit a report and user will receive the TruSTAR Report ID, number of IoC’s extracted and number of correlations with other reports.
Sequence Actions: This is comprised of two actions listed above. submit report will be called first, which will return TruSTAR Report GUID as one of the parameters. Then get report will be called with the report GUID and we will need to extract correlation count for this report from the response.
- TruSTAR Report GUID
- (Optional - only if provided by user in first Action) User Provided UID
- Extracted IoC’s
- Correlation Count