Jira User Guide
This document explains how to use the TruSTAR plug-in for Jira, including how to submit issues to TruSTAR, enrich JIRA issues with TruSTAR data, and keep reports synced between Jira and TruSTAR.
- Submit JIRA Issues to TruSTAR, either automatically or manually.
- Enrich JIRA Issues with intelligence from TruSTAR, either automatically or manually. This enrichment includes a deep link to the TruSTAR report, high priority indicators, and correlated indicators.
- Update the TruSTAR report when a JIRA Issue is modified or updated or closed.
- Delete a report in TruSTAR when the related Jira issue is deleted.
This video is a short demonstration of how TruSTAR works with Jira.
Submitting a Report
If you have enabled Auto-Submission in the plug-in configuration, newly created Jira issues are automatically sent to TruSTAR. If you have set Exclude criteria in the configuration, any issues that meet that criteria are not sent to TruSTAR.
You can also manually send a report to TruSTAR for enrichment by selecting Send to TruSTAR in the list of issue options.
After the JIRA Issue is submitted to TruSTAR, a comment is added to the JIRA Issue with the following enrichment:
- TruSTAR Report URL: a link to the corresponding report in TruSTAR Station.
- Correlated Reports: an integer number representing the quantity of TruSTAR reports that correlate with this JIRA Issue.
- High-Priority Correlated Indicators: a list of high-priority IOCs that correlate with this JIRA Issue.
- Correlated Indicators: a list of IOCs (by IOC Type) previously reported into TruSTAR Station that correlate with this JIRA Issue.
This is an example of enrichment returned on a sample JIRA issue:
Automatic Updates to Jira Issues
If you have Auto-Submission enabled in the TruStar plug-in, the Jira issue and the TruSTAR report are always kept in sync:
- When you update a Jira issue, that information is updated in the TruSTAR report.
- Any new information in the TruSTAR report is sent back to the Jira issue as a new comment, containing details on the latest enrichment.
Automatic Closure of Jira Issues in TruSTAR
If you have Auto-Submission enabled in the TruStar plug-in and you have supplied a value in the Jira Final Status field, the TruSTAR plug-in will send a final update to the TruSTAR report when a Jira issue is assigned that status.
For example, if your team uses the value Complete to indicate an issue is closed, then any time a Jira issue status is changed to Complete, the plug-in will sync all comments from that issue to the corresponding report in TruSTAR.
Deleting a Jira Issue in TruSTAR
If you have Auto-Submission enabled in the TruStar plug-in, any issue you delete from a Jira project is then automatically deleted in your TruSTAR enclave.